Saturday 24 March 2012

Gazumping

'Gazumping', what a wonderful, evocative, happy word this should be.  It sounds like a frolic through a meadow of flowers or a billowing dress made of silk and net and underskirts; not the unnecessarily hurtful thing it actually is. And if it wasn't bad enough being gazumped when one’s found the dream home, social gazumping takes it to a whole new level; because it's personal.  I'll get to this later.......


But first!

Moving to Oman in 2009, as the new wife of an RAF officer, I was excited and scared in equal measure. But I was sure I would be making new friends left, right and centre as there is no shortage of other women in the same position as me, and there would be a support network to take part in, both as supporter and supportee.  But as it has turned out, this couldn’t be further from the truth.


Names have been changed to protect those that really don't deserve it.